Wednesday 17 September 2014

PPP laser clinic

I believe I was one of the initial clients of PPP laser clinic. What attracted me to it was how laser medical facials was made so affordable and I do not have to spend 1.5hrs lying in a facial salon to "clean" my skin.  When I first signed on the package with PPP, it costs about $50 per trip, the nurses will help me clean my face before the doctors start to perform the microdermabrasion before the IPL. The process takes less than 10 mins which I can easily afford the time. As the client base grew, it became less and less an enjoyable experience. There were many "cuts", in order to save time. But I believe the other reason is to cut costs. Overall there were 5 points which I didn't like.

1) Nurses stop cleaning the make up on your face. Instead, you have you do it yourself with the cleansing towel they provided.

2) Nurses stop putting on the conductive gel for the IPL. In order to avoid burning the skin, the doctors does the IPL at some distance away from your skin. I found the light very irritating and I would often tear unconsciously after the IPL even though I am wearing the goggles. It was uncomfortable and I would always ask for a wet cotton to be placed between the googles and my eyes. But still, it is still not very effective.

3) At the end of the treatment, we have to put on the moisturizer on our own, which previously the nurses will do so after they clean the conductive gel away.

4) There are variations in service level between the doctors. Some doctors were more passionate on helping. Some doctors were just going through the motion as if it is a part time job for them.

5) The queue is relatively long. I always spend more time waiting then the treatment itself. The waiting time could be as long as an hour. Then again, it depends on location and weather.

What I like is that the nurses do not hard sell the package unlike the facial salons and has progressed to adopt a point system which one could redeem other types of treatments.

However, I have since stopped going as I don't feel as enjoyable. While it has some effects on the skin, I do not want to cure it at the expense of my eyes which is constantly "exposed" to IPL light. I do not want to develop Photokeratitis or Cataracts. I treasure my eyes more and will never wish to be blinded by regular IPL sessions.

1 comment:

  1. In Vietnam, Situated in the 9th floor of Diamond Plaza district 1, Paragon Laser and Aesthetic Center brings to customers the highly international standards of modern and elegant interiors, bar counter with view of the Notre Dame Cathedral and around the city center.

    ReplyDelete